Thursday 5 March 2009

Evisu Day One



Day One

For my first day I begun the day meeting all the stuff and helping pack all the sale stuff into boxes and making a list of what I am sending in each box. After this I met the designer of Evisu, William Kroll, he came straight out of Central St.Martins and into Evisu as an assistant designer and now the designer. He told me a little about himself and then showed me some of the stuff he brought back from his trip to Japan which he takes every 4 months. He had various fabric swatches of denim and explained the difference in the denim and a little about what he did on his trip, like visiting factories and how they used to originally colour the denim with natural indigo dye.

I also had the chance to work with Mark (aka Macca) who works on the graphics, advertisement and marketing side of the business. He gave met he job of taking the photographs of the shoe range for Evisu, as the shoe range was not on the website at that time. It was only to trainers and I had to do it from different angles of the trainers had to be the same. The battery kept running out and it was difficult to make sure that all the angles were the same. Mark use photoshop to adjust and make the images suitable to be displayed on the website. Sadly, I have no images of them, but I am sure you can see them on the website soon. 

Through the whispers through the office, gossip was going around the Jagged Edge wanted some jeans to wear for the UK Asian Music Awards in London. Obviously they wanted them for free which was okay as it would give exposure for Evisu also, but many people in the office had no clue who they were except Mike who was one of the younger guys in the office, and me of course.






No comments:

Post a Comment