Tuesday 18 August 2009

Undercover for a while.



Sorry for not updating a in a while. I have been in the best attire lately since I haven't been anywhere other than home and work. I didn't think my tank and shorts it's-hot-and-I'm-home uniform or my all black work uniform would excite you.

Saying that, I did go out to an exhibition with my fashionista bitch, Derya and her sister Merve ( I love you guys!) If you're in London, before September 27th, then go and see the 'Undercover' Exhibition at the Fashion & Textiles Museum. The exhibition presents a visual demonstration of how female underwear has evolved as a women's role in society changed and encompasses the changing trends from the 'flatten it' to the 'push it up' to the 'let it all hang out'?! It contains some of the most amazing pieces with a wide range of private and public collections from the who's who of underwear such as Marks & Spencers, Triumph, La Perla, Christian Dior, Wonderbra and Myla to name a few.

It goes from risque to the radical, pieces include an original Merry Widow corset inspired by Lana Turner in the film of the same name, renowned burlesque artiste Immodesty Blaize's corset and more.

Please, please go and see it! Let these photos tempt you!




I also finally got to see Coco avant Chanel with my girls and Genevieve (Genebebbe in french!) Amazing of course! Went to see the film in RichMix just at the end of Brick Lane. It's really a cool place to see a film. There is a little bar and cafe aswell with free wifi! Shame a didn't have my mac on me!

Sadly, I didn't take a picture of my outfit, but I will next time.

All my time at home makes me do one thing. Lists. I have a slight addiction to making lists, I know really weird! This is about the 100th time, okay 20th time I have made a list of items I have to buy before I go back to university. THIS IS MY FINAL LIST, I hope.

- silence+noise extended bra.
- knitwear; long cardigans; big knits; crop knit tops; KNITS KNITS KNITS!
- tshirt with shoulder pads (grey and white one).
- long vest and tanks (because I wore mine to death!).
- boots ;ankle and lace ups.
- red lipstick.
- two pairs of jeans.
- black skinny trousers.
- oxfords; black,navy & grey.
- black flats, for work.
- black semi formal dress (seriously do I need another black dress?!).
- a big bag for university.
- bike! and bike satchel! ebay bidding!
- chanel quilted bag. (i have it in my dreams already.)
- another winter coat
- new sunglasses. (since boyfriend broke mine!)


Oh, all I can do is write lists and wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment